No. No thanks. Normal means going back to:
- too much traffic pollution
- too much traffic noise
- too many flights [looks pointedly/guiltily at self]
- hedge funds evicting poeple from their homes because they’re not paying “market value” rent
- companies firing people because the alternative is giving them a permanent contract
- not talking about a Universal Basic Income
- underfunding the public health systems
- underappreciating the people who work in the public health systems
- privatising the public health systems
- invading the ecosystems of the natural world
- unfettered tourism wrecking the lives of residents
- the race to the top, whilst trampling on the rest
I want a new normal please.
A better one.
Back to normal?